At Journey Church, we understand life is meant to be lived together, and there are always activities taking place: Youth gatherings, activities for Kids, adult groups, special events, and more. Find out for yourself what is taking place in and around Journey Church!
Pray for our missionary/organization of the Week: Curtis & Delyn Cole. Delyn works at Chi Alpha’s National Ministry Center where she is a National Assessment and Coaching Specialist. Chi Alpha is a university ministry that is dedicated to reconciling students to Christ, equipping them through Spirit-filled communities of prayer, worship, fellowship, discipleship and mission to transform the university, the marketplace and the world.
Update Letter Regarding COVID-19 and church services/activities:
Greetings Journey Church!
WE WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF MEETING TOGETHER THIS SUNDAY (May 3rd)!!
Just wanted to get an update out about our “re-entry”. Following is our plan of action for reopening Journey Church. This info is also posted on our website @ Buttechurch.com – please share this with your friends and spread the word. Can’t wait to see you all in person again soon!
Tentative plan of action… can (and most likely will) be changed as government stipulations become clear… will be updated as determined necessary.
Phase 1 (Meeting together on Sundays only).
Phase 2 (Meeting together on Sundays and other group activities – limited to under 50 in attendance).
Phase 3 (No restrictions… back to normal… whatever that means).
The following activities will NOT restart until full reopening (Phase-3):
– Wednesday night kid’s activities will NOT meet again this spring (will resume as normal in September) (we are working on an awards night alternative)
– Connection time between services
Journey Youth will resume on May 6th at the Church (will be meeting in a small group setting in different buildings in groups of 10 or less, social distancing guidelines will be upheld).
NOTE: Summer Camps/Ranger Mountain Adventure are yet to be determined… We will inform you as soon as we know anything (please pray that camps are able to happen – this is a vital week in the lives of our students!).
1. We will revert back to our normally scheduled Sunday morning services – one at 9:00 am and one at 10:45 am. In order to keep the social distancing regulations in place, seating will be limited to 60 people – 1st come, 1st served.
2. We will continue our online services at 10:45 am with the kids service available as well. Please feel free to enjoy this “Church @ home” option until you feel safe and comfortable. We miss you but don’t want anyone to feel pressured to come back before you’re ready.
3. Nursery and Kid’s Church during Sunday services will NOT be provided until phase 2 (except online), however the nursery will be available for self-care of families if kids need attention during the service. During Phase 1, we will provide individual activity sheets and crayons for kids to use during the services as an option.
4. We encourage all at-risk individuals to remain home until full reopening. If you have symptoms of illness, please stay home and join us at for our online service. For those in attendance, wearing masks and other precautionary items is very appropriate. Please come as you are most comfortable and feel safe, while considering the safety of others as well.
5. We will be providing hand sanitizer throughout the church building. Cleaning and sanitizing of our facility have been increased and we will be cleaning and sanitizing the facility between services. If you would like to, please feel free to bring your own “wipes” to sanitize your seating area – the more the merrier J
6. Some aspects of the Sunday service will be altered from our “normal” until full reopening (Phase-3). We will be moving to a “no contact” version of our offering, communion, and connection times. Designated entry and exit doors will be clearly marked to keep traffic flowing without the normal traffic jam at the doors.
7. If you do plan on attending a live service, please don’t force others into awkward situations they are not ready to risk. Love means considering others first! Weather you believe in social distancing or not, please respect others and do your best to not break the 6-foot rule. The moment will come for hand shaking and a hug… unfortunately, that moment is not yet upon us!
8. Finally, I believe this is an amazing time for the Church. NOT just to go back to “normal” but to move forward with dreams of what God wants to do now and into the future. We as a church team have had to be creative and dream a new dream during this season. I believe what God has launched during this time should not be temporary, but that it has given us a wonderful opportunity to reevaluate everything and go forward with the mission God has for us here in Butte and around the world! “To know Jesus and to make him known” has taken on new life for Journey Church.
Phase 2: (social distancing guidelines to be followed).
1. Summer activity groups.
Signup will be available in early May – groups will begin in June (assuming the reopening continues with no setbacks).
2. Church Campout will be a go!
Looking forward for the kingdom!
Pastor Randy & Journey Church Board
Church services will still be live on Sundays at 10:45am on our Facebook page here! They will also be live on our youtube page here! Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any content that gets added!
Check our facebook for other online connection opportunities as well!
Updates and audio sermons will also be posted on our website here and under the messages tab.
If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to call us at (406)723-5543
This Week, May 24-30
9:00 am- Worship Service
10:45 am-Worship Service (this service is streamed live online)
6:00 am – Men’s Breakfast
6:30 pm – Youth Group
New to Journey Church or joining online for the first time? We’d love to have you fill out our connection card so we can get to know you a little more! Just fill out the card below or click here to open it in a new window:
Monday June 1st – Board Meeting at 5pm
Activity Groups are starting soon! To see what groups are happening and to get signed up, click here!
Sunday June 14th from 10am – 1pm we will be hosting a blood drive! Help us make a difference in someone’s life! Please sign up here or by contacting the office at 723-5543 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Journey Church Campout at Georgetown Lake – June 25-28 – Sign up here!
We are planning to have a baptism service on Sunday June 28th at the lake. If you are interested in getting baptized, talk to Pastor Randy and please attend the class on Sunday June 21st at 9am.
Important Update about Journey Kid’s Church and Nursery:
January 5-11 – Week of Prayer
January 6 – Board Meeting
January 8 – Family Night resumes
January 11 – JBQ Meet at Journey Church
January 25 – Stockholder’s Banquet
January 27-29 – Connection Conference in Butte (Minister’s Renewal)
February 2 – Super Bowl Sunday (Youth Party)
February 2 – Journey Groups Kick-off
February 3 – Board Meeting
February 16 – Annual Business Meeting
March 1 – Board Meeting
March 8 – Throwback Sunday
March 11 – Derby Car Races
March 18 – No Wednesday Family Night (Spring Break)
March 14-21 – Montana Tech Spring Break Missions Trip
March 20-21 – Fine Arts
March 25 – Fine Arts Night at Youth Group
March 28-29 – Missions Convention
April 6 – Board Meeting
April 12 – Easter Service at the Civic Center
April 13 – Office Closed
April 20-23 – Network Council
May 2 – Montana Tech Graduation
May 4 – Board Meeting
May 17 – Graduating Senior Sunday
May 20 – Awards Night
May 25 – Office Closed
May 27 – Butte High School Graduation
June 1 – Board Meeting
June 3 – Youth Scavenger Hunt
June 14 – Pentecost Sunday
June 25-28 – Church Campout at Georgetown Lake
June 28 – Church Picnic and Baptisms at Georgetown Lake
One service in town at 9am, Second at Georgetown Lake
July 3-10 – Family Camp
July 13-18 – High School Camp
July 20-24 – Kid’s Camp
July 27-August 1 – Middle School Camp
August 3 – Board Meeting
August 17-19 – West of 60’s
August 20-22 – Mega Sports Camp
August 22 – Church Work Day
September 7 – Office Closed
September 9 – Tentative Work Night
September 13 – Kick-Off Sunday
September 14 – Board Meeting
September 16 – Tentative Family Night Begins!